Full Stack Mobile Developer
July 6, 2022
Position Title: Full Stack Mobile Developer
Who we are
The DotConnectAfrica (DCA) group is a Pan-African organization that was formed with an objective to advance education in the digital economy in the African society. In connection with this objective, to also benefit the general African public access to Internet resources including assisting our stakeholders with their digital transformation and branding Africa on the Internet.
Post its inception, DCA has progressively adopted a very unique integrative model of Internet-centered digital products and services encompassing web related services, to include eCommerce, DNS businesses, mobile applications along with digital marketing services on an integrated digital social media platform of Internet of Things (IoTs) to service its clients and stakeholders.
We embrace a purpose-driven approach to meeting our overall objectives of sustaining our business through our CSR programs.
Through our Digital Academy, DCA sponsors and runs a Tech Booth Camp for Interns and a yearly competitive Seed-Fund Impact Award Program, to women-led organizations throughout Africa, to encourage the involvement of women and girls in STEM fields and tech leadership. Currently DCA has launched its highly acclaimed women-in-tech Seed-Fund impact program in 12 African countries.
Our Core Values
The opportunity of branding the African continent though empowering and enabling youth to be able to utilize the benefits of the internet.
We provide the tools and skills to foster leadership, entrepreneurships and also connecting youth and women to innovation highways
We believe that students will become productive citizens when challenged and mentored in leadership, entrepreneurship problem solving and critical thinking skills.
As a Full Stack Mobile Developer you will be creating fast, fluid, responsive and reliable mobile applications that provide our users a rewarding experience. The primary focus for this role will be to implement a complete user interface in the form of a mobile app with a focus on performance and delivering high-value results.
- Being part of a dynamic team in which there is a high focus on delivering results and continuous improvement, but also where having fun and teamwork is very important.
- It’s a fast-paced environment which offers an exciting, challenging and fulfilling career.
- Exposure to innovation: Working on new technologies and cutting-edge projects is exciting.
- Work in a value-led organization where we care for each other, our team and provide what you need to excel in your work.
- A flexible work environment with a remote working culture
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write software applications and programs for backend/frontend purposes.
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Analyse programs and apps to improve their features and functionalities.
- Collaborate with the tech team to improve the performance, efficiency, and scalability of our tools.
- Documenting feature implementation, releases and workflows.
- Promote usability best practices
- Ensure security, performance and quality of the application
- Perform checks on correct functionality of app
- Identify & correct bottlenecks & fix bugs while improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must Have Skills
- Degree/Diploma in computer science, IT, Statistics or related field.
- At least 2yrs experience of demonstrated knowledge in mobile app development.
- App Design skills with the ability to use Figma prototype
- Software Design
- Native App writing ability in Flutter
- Backend Web Services knowledge in using Java
- Good knowledge of AWS Systems resources operations and its server applications,
- Knowledge of UX and UI
- Unit tests, automation, and code reviews
- APIs integration capabilities
- Familiarized with mobile platform Application Programming Interfaces (API) such as Apple iOS, Android Security
- mobile app pentesting (added advantage)
- Creativity and brainstorming skills
- Organization and ability to multi-task
- Willingness to learn new technology
- Complex problem solving
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Where to Apply?
Interested applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae by (Date) to firstname.lastname@example.org , Subject: Full Stack Mobile Developer
Applications are currently accepted on a rolling basis.
DotConnectAfrica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status, or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.